Building a county of healthy individuals, families and communities through public health service and collaboration.
To protect, promote and preserve the health and environment of the citizens and communities of Stanly County.
Strategic Goal Statements
- Ensure the optimal capacity and infrastructure to carry out public health functions.
- Effectively communicate concerning accomplishments at the Stanly County Health Department and public health issues internally and with external stakeholders.
- Assess and assure access to appropriate health care and services to infants, children and adults.
- Encourage individuals to adopt and sustain healthy and environmentally sound behaviors.
- Promote prevention, surveillance and control of communicable diseases (i.e. rabies, STDs, food-borne illnesses, tuberculosis, etc.).
- Promote prevention strategies and/or manage injuries and chronic disease and mitigate the associated disabilities.
- Prevent and reduce the environmental risks to the public and our natural resources.
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies and disasters.