Building a county of self-sufficient, healthy individuals, families, and communities through public health and social services, and collaboration with community partners.
To promote self-sufficiency and to protect, promote, preserve, and improve the health, quality of life, and the environment of the residents and communities of Stanly County.
Strategic Goal Statements
- Ensure the optimal capacity and infrastructure to carry out public health functions.
- Effectively communicate concerning accomplishments at the Stanly County Health Department and public health issues internally and with external stakeholders.
- Assess and assure access to appropriate health care and services to infants, children and adults.
- Encourage individuals to adopt and sustain healthy and environmentally sound behaviors.
- Promote prevention, surveillance and control of communicable diseases (i.e. rabies, STDs, food-borne illnesses, tuberculosis, etc.).
- Promote prevention strategies and/or manage injuries and chronic disease and mitigate the associated disabilities.
- Prevent and reduce the environmental risks to the public and our natural resources.
- Prepare for and respond to public health emergencies and disasters.